My first book, Quivering Families: The Quiverfull Movement and Evangelical Theology of the Family, will be published by Fortress Press in May 2018. Quivering Families explores the Quiverfull subculture in American evangelicalism and reflect theologically on their lived religion. You can read a two-part interview about the book here and here.
My work has also appeared in scholarly journals, including Ecclesial Practices, New Blackfriars, Baptist History & Heritage, Faith & Mission, and Criswell Theological Review. I have also written book chapters on topics as diverse as feminism, the gender of God, the New Testament books of Colossians and Revelation, and the practice of motherhood in the American Quiverfull movement.
Currently, I have a couple of research projects in the works, both of which pertain to the lived religion of Christian families and households. I also write periodically online. You can read some recent posts below:
- May 4, 2018 - "A Gift of God", Anglican Pastor Blog.
- March 14, 2018 - "Christian Families and the Mission of God", The Telos Collective Blog.
- October 27, 2017 - "A Response to 'Free to Be Feminist?'", Righting America Blog.
- October 16, 2017 - "Joel Osteen, Evangelicals, and Donald Trump", Righting America Blog.
- September 25, 2017 - "Charlottesville, Evangelicals, and Anti-Semitism," Righting America Blog.
- July 25, 2016 - "What Else is Missing at the Museum and the Ark?" Righting America Blog.